Our Exploratorium after-school program is a 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC), housed at the Learning Community. The program is offered year-round with a four-week summer component. The program serves students in grades K-8, with an emphasis on STEAM based activities. Given that the majority of our students (84%) come from low-income households , our program provides students with valuable opportunities to explore and participate in high-quality programming, including health and wellness education, interventional academic skills groups, homework centers, recreation, and mentorship. In addition to this, middle-grade students have opportunities to participate in team sports, such as soccer, basketball and track. All Exploratorium programs reflect the diverse learning styles as well as support students with social-emotional development.
The Exploratorium program is designed to…
- Significantly improve in diversifying the STEAM pipeline by the inclusion of women and members of underrepresented groups.
- Provide students with opportunities to take leadership roles in affecting positive change in their communities.
- Provide students with programs that are real-life and hands-on STEAM learning experiences.
- Provide and foster healthy social peer interactions.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for students and family members.
Fall Session Information:
Middle Grades Athletic Programs:
· Basketball Girls/ Boys team
· Co-ed Soccer
· Co-ed Baseball
· Girl’s Running Club
· Co-ed Tennis (New)